RASDA has since inception began to engage in effective campaign programmes backed-up with passion and resolute commitment.
Our collaborative efforts with government, schools, libraries, institutions of higher learning, publishers and some private individuals has been tremendously successful and encouraging.
DONATIONS OF MATERIALS AND BOOKS
- 4000 copies of READING AWARENESS POSTERS to all the government owned secondary schools in Oyo State.
- 10,000 copies of READING AWARENESS POSTERS to all the government owned primary schools in Oyo State.
- Billboards were erected in institutions of higher learning and major cities and towns in Oyo State.
- Thousands of READING AWARENESS STICKERS were pasted on public and private vehicles
- 2,500 copies of READING AWARENESS POSTERS were donated to the office of the Head of Service in Oyo State for all government offices and parastatals
- RASDA donated a 40ft by 20ft billboard to Kwara State Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
RASDA introduced other unconventional means of reach-outs. We took campaigns to markets in Ibadan, telling the market women who are mostly illiterates to join hands in encouraging their children to read always.
We also organized some effective road shows to create awareness, distribute handbills and posters to passers-by.
The campaign style of RASDA was unlimited to cities. We held series of community based meetings with parents, teachers community leaders, traditional rulers and the generality of the people in villages and hamlet spreading the benefits of cultivating a sustainable reading culture to both young and old.
In order to attain new frontiers, RASDA participated in many local and international programmes. Our drive in this direction has taken RASDA President to some international forums where she delivered Papers and showcased RASDA activities on projected screens.
Some of the papers she delivered include the following:
- 52nd World Assembly of the International Council on Education for Teaching (ICET) July 16-19, 2007, University of San Diego, California, USA.
- 15th European Conference on Reading, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, August, 2007.
- Conference on Reading Promotion and Storytelling, University of South Africa (UNISA), Pretoria, South Africa, October, 2010. The title of the paper was “IGNITING THE READING FIRE”